A landscape’s time of change
Eva Hesse, Sans II, 1968
´Don’t ask what it means or what it refers to. Don’t ask what the work is. Rather, see what the work does. ´ – Eva Hesse
Info/ registration on email@example.com
The creative process and intuition in artistic expression
Within a landscape’s time of change, which is variable depending on the moment that we want to capture, the workshop starts with the intention of exploring the creative process and intuition in artistic expression, and as we proceed and record impressions, we start to produce work.
Carrying out various exercises (attention, concentration, use of materials, markings and other) we will be led to unexpected places, from a place of subjectivity and affect, intuition and sensitivity, moving away from an ‘idea’.
In that place of concentration, a personal object, an emotion, or an image will reveal itself through a process that will be discovered, in order to make work that can be painting, drawing, performance, etc.
Along with the practical exercises, we will look at the paths of other artists in order to identify those moments of intuition.
- General: Groups of 4 people, meeting weekly for 1.5 hours – Tuesdays at 6.30 pm or Saturdays at 10.30 am.
- Start date: The course begins on the 12th and 16th of October 2021, respectively.
- Duration: 3 months.
- Age: 15 years old onwards.
- Location: At an artist’s studio near Av. 24 de Julho in Lisbon.
- Price: 65 € monthly + 5 € registration.
- Covid-19 prevention guidelines will be followed.